Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October 17, 1964

It was a lovely cool crisp morning in October,  (unusual for Los Angeles) when I became the bride of Jack Warren. That was 48 years ago. Sometimes I it feels like yesterday. Then I begin to remember all that has happened since then and realize it really has been that long. I wish we could have grown old together, but that just wasn't in God's plan for us. I'm thankful for the 28 years we did have. Our love and our two beautiful daughters, are enough to last me for the rest of my life.
October 17, 1964
I do have this picture and more from our wedding tab at the top of the blog. It is nice to look at them and remember that wonderful day.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jack still lives because you remember him. God bless you...

P.S. I think I've told you this before, but your going away outfit is so beautiful. You look so Jackie Kennedyish getting in the car with your hat and sweet little handbag.

Adrienne said...

Did I ever mention that my first love was named Jack? (Hubby actually knew him, so I'm not being disloyal.) We remained friends. He passed away very young of cancer.

Pondside said...

What a lovely photo. I enjoyed revisiting your wedding post. You had such a short time together, but you're certainly blessed in your memories and your daughters.

Barbara said...

What a nice post and memorable photo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...