Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spring Blossoms

Even though we haven't had much weather that could be call Spring-like, I have some Spring blossoms to share with you.
I bought this beautiful pink Azalea this weekend. I thought the color looked so perfect against the brown silk drapes in my living room.

















Sunday, my friend, Mary, brought me these blossoms from her plum trees.



















I have shown pictures of her trees before in this post called Plum Delicious. Each Autumn the trees provide Italian prune plums. They are so delicious. I freeze bags of them to use in tarts all year.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Definitely spring here! Our weather has been glorious. Just returned from Garden Club which was held out doors on the most beautiful ranch property. Wildflowers are so pretty this time of year! Your azalea is so pretty. I've never had success growing azalea, but certainly enjoy the show they offer around the neighborhood in spring. Lovely images of the plums and blooms. ;-)

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

How pretty are these photos???
Your berries just pop from my computer screen.
Just gorgeous.
:)

Ricki Treleaven said...

Pretty azalea, and the plum blossoms are pretty, too. Got to *love* spring!

xo,
RJ

Travel With Lulu said...

Yea, Spring!! Just gorgeous :) XOL

Pondside said...

It's really Spring where you live!
I'd like to have a friend to supply me with Prune Plums - mmmmm.

Veronica said...

goodness, those plums looks luscious!! Brilliant pic!

thanks for your lovely visit to Tassels.

Veronica

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Beautiful flowers, but those plums are so pretty, they don't even look real! that picture made my mouth water. laurie

Kathy said...

Gorgeous blossoms and those fruits look amazing! Hope you have a great weekend,
Kathy

Barbara said...

Such a pretty pink it does go well with the brown.

Very 'Englishly' patriotic in your previous posts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...