Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Turning to Mother

It is said, "Necessity is the Mother of Invention" and I just had a necessary moment.

I caught a miserable cold early last week. It really threw me for a loop. I guess it has to do with "advancing age". My nose has been running relentlessly! I finally ran out of proper Kleenex. So what do you do when you've gone through all the boxes and you don't have any more and don't feel well enough to hike to the market down the hill? If you are me you start on the toilet paper. It seemed like a good idea to take one of the empties, and hide the roll! Here is how I did it:

First, chose a lovely designer box.
 Next use the last tissue.
 Now carefully open the box.
Place the roll inside and thread the tissue through the hole at the top.
Now tape the box back together.
As simple as that. Ready for the next sneeze.

8 comments:

Johanna Stålros said...

Perfect idea! Thanks for your visit on my blog. It was very fun to have an english speaking visiter.
The "vacuum cleaner" is badly translated to english.
It is the small cake with green marzipan and chocolate on the sides. In swedish it is called "dammsugare" :)
Hugs Johanna

Mary Sullivan Frasier said...

Brilliant!! I will absolutely steal this idea the next time I'm experiencing a tissue crisis!

Hope you're feeling better soon. Sending good thoughts your way,

~Mrs B

Adrienne said...

You can color me impressed. Absolutely cool idea!!

Pondside said...

Clever you!

Ivy and Elephants said...

That is the coolest idea. I know what I will be doing this weekend. Finishing off some Kleenex boxes and putting toilet paper. You know, why didn't kleenex think of that. You may want to market this yourself. This really is a great idea. Thanks so much for sharing this wondering idea at our linky party!

Paula, your newest follower

Ruth...Time Was Antiques said...

Thanks for your comments and visit about Miss Read. So sorry you are ill...here it's the first ever recorded inversion layer which has me with a sinus headache & drippy nose...your novel make-do may be needed today! Sounds like Village Christmas and a cup of tea to me! Hope you feel better soon!
Cheers!
R

Richard Cottrell said...

I think you are on to something here. I use Tp all the time to blow my nose and it doesn't look the best in my shop, but, this will take care of that. I'm doing it right now. Love and Sissy Kisses. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Barbara said...

Very ingenious. Hope the cold got better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...