Thursday, May 05, 2011

Celebrating

Today, being the day of the commemoration of the Mexican army's victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza Seguín, we met my daughter and her husband at our neighborhood Mexican restaurant, Allen's Authentic Mexican Restaurant. Performing this evening was a darling couple from California, singing wonderful old songs and a few new ones. They are so talented. The girl has am amazing range and her husband is a wonderful guitar player.


Margaritas, chips and salsa to start.












Flautas with guacamole












Enchiladas with mole













Enchiladas with chile verde











And what, you ask, did I get? grilled chicken salad, no cheese, no dressing, and a diet coke. Oh, well, I've been bad and now I'm paying for it.

Even salad is good here.

1 comment:

Mickle in NZ said...

The chicken salad looks wonderful - I'd have happily feasted on it. Mind you, I confess the other food looks good to me too. What a lovely time you all had out enjoying a special evening together with great music. good food and splendid company.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...