Thursday, March 10, 2011

My wedding veil

Laura Ingalls Gunn of Decor To Adore and Le Magasin de Metis  is having fun with sponsoring lots of fun parties celebrating the Royal Wedding that we are all looking forward to this April. Thanks Laura.
October 17, 1964



My dress was silk crepe by the English designer, John Cavanaugh. I wore my grandmother's  cameo that she wore at her wedding in 1900, and then my mother, in 1941. My eldest daughter wore it on her wedding gown in 1989. It has become quite a tradition.








My silk illusion veil that trained for 6 feet, was held by white velvet millinery grapes and leaves. My two attendants wore violet satin Empire dresses and matching headbands with purple  velvet grapes. They carried baskets of wheat and  fresh purple, black, and green grapes. We chose that because we had communion with our wedding, and secondly, I was born in Kansas, the "Wheat State", and Jack, my husband, was born in California, the "Grape State". 

The reception was held at the home of my aunt in Los Angeles. This is a pictures of the receiving line. There were so many people to greet, I thought we'd never get something to eat. There was a wonderful food, and bottles and bottles of Champagne.





Joining Laura at Decor To Adore for Royal Wedding Wednesday, "show me your wedding veil."


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Fun to see your wedding photos! ~ Sarah

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...