Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just another lovely day in Oregon


Oh, happy day! It is another lovely day in Oregon, with plenty of "Oregon Sunshine".
 
 Do I love cool weather? yes. Do I love rain? Yes not any longer. Not after 20 straight days of it. Not after sloshing around in it for what seems like forever with no let up in sight. Look at the Wonderground forecast for this month:
One day! ONE DRY DAY!!!! That was ALL. It set a record. Not since 1904 has there been so many rainy days.
However,
Things are not all that bad. Look what my #2 daughter brought home last evening. They are so beautiful. Just like looking at sunshine. There are lots of buds that will open as the first ones fade. I'm sure I'll be enjoying them for a long time. I've put them with some of this year's Easter eggs. Just consider that a preview. I'll be posting them in detail later next month closer to Easter.








I'm joining:

A Delightsome Life

3 comments:

Kathy said...

My goodness - days and days of rain! We have a few and we think it is a lot.
No wonder things are so lush and green in some parts of this world!
What a treasure your daughter is!
These are like drops of sunlight in your home!
Thank you for sharing this with A Return to Loveliness!
Kathy

Priscilla said...

Yes, I wish I could jump back and forth between now and then. My parents were older when I was born and my my grandparents were much older. My grandfather, Jean Baptist LaBrue was born in 1865, the three others in 1875. Only knowing my mother's mother I at least learned a bit of what it was like then and in the place she lived. She passed away when I was 14. Of course my mother knew from her what it was like. I learned about the 20's, 30's and 40's from my parents. I'm so glad I had those connections to the past.

Lynn said...

Those yellow blossoms and the stenciled or painted eggs bring a spring-like beauty despite all your rain. I am your newest follower. I would love to know your thoughts of the best area on the coast to photograph the tide pools and the best time of year for that. My hubby and I are thinking of traveling to Oregon, doing photography on the coast, MT Hood area, the wine country etc. Any advise, tips you could give would be so appreciatad. We were thinking Sept/Oct possibilities. Which is the best month in your opinion? Nope never been to Oregon. I am having a give-away in honor of 100 followers, my very first one, if you would like to enter, please hop over to my blog and leave a comment. Blessings

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...