Saturday, July 28, 2012

I bought a Turkey

Whilst shopping at the Friday garage sales, yesterday, with my friend, Mary of The Thrill of the Hunt, I found this turkey platter:
I thought, "Oh, what a lovely platter for serving our Thanksgiving Turkey next November." I thought it was a good buy at $2. But wait - let me get a better look...
So I looked again.
Oh, my, only one drum stick. Oh well,  what with the lovely brown, roasted bird sitting on top of the picture, maybe no one will notice.
Just call me "Hobble Gobble"
 Then I looked closer and saw that the turkey had noticed!
"Oh Dear!"

7 comments:

Pondside said...

Someone had a sense of humour! Perhaps the painter of the platter, at the end of a long week, just couldn't resist having some fun. Whatever - you have a beautiful, useful platter, at a great price, with a great story.

Adrienne said...

I'm not sure I would have even noticed. It's a great platter and a super buy at 2 bucks.

Sarah said...

Hobble Gobble ~ cute! I think you found a great buy and a fun piece. Perhaps it was quitting time. ;-)

Decor To Adore said...

It was a case of one lucky turkey to go home with you! :) Great find.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

How cute and fun! Who cares, it was $2!!! I just paid a little more than I had planned for my new transferware dishes, but I don't care! Love your blue and white platter, great for Thanksgiving coming! Thank you for your lovely visit. I have around 30 sets of dishes, German Bavaria, Italian, American, antiques, Chinese, Japanese and my own made Ecuadorian dishes..but I didn't have any Eng. transferware to add to my forever growing collection!
FABBY

Barbara said...

Certainly a good buy and it looks like it was meant to be like that. How unusual.

Antiques And Teacups said...

How fun! That makes it even better! LOL! I would have grabbed it too...with or without the missing leg! Pun intended...Well done!
Ruth

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...