Monday, April 09, 2012

Easter Monday

Easter Monday and this is how I feel after yesterday's overindulgence. Being diabetic, I don't eat potatoes, white flour, or sugar. But as per my doctor's blessing, holidays are free days. At Thanksgiving and Christmas, I ate freely of all the "forbidden fruits" and still maintained my good blood levels. So, yesterday I did the same and am hoping for the best. I don't know, though, the third dessert might have been pushing the limit. There were 4 kinds and I managed a small portion of 3 of them. Lemon meringue pie, cardamom pear tart, chocolate mousse cake, and cupcakes - not to mention all the Lindt chocolates. Well maybe this is what I look like:
Later, since the sun is shinning, I'll go for a long walk and try to walk off some of the effects from yesterday.
Hope you are enjoying this wonderful season.

3 comments:

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

LOL cute!!! I think that cardamon pear tart sounds like something I would love. Plus I have never met a chocolate anything I didn't like!

Have a great week!

xo,
RJ

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh that image made me smile. Blessings to you dear one.

Micupoftea~ said...

Hope you are feeling great...I love walking too. Had to stay indoors the last few days due to rain ~
(loved your story about Figgit) :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...