Monday, February 28, 2011

My new toy

I have another birthday present to show off today.

 My youngest daughter gave me a great new cordless electric screwdriver. I was given one 15 years ago by the husband of my dear friend, Pat. I have used it for all these years. It was large and heavy, but I loved it.
Suddenly last month it just quit! I asked my daughter to pick up a new battery when she was going to Home Depot. She came back to tell me that they didn't make them anymore.
Next week she surprised me with this darling new one for my birthday. It is small, lightweight, even has a light! I love it.
The funniest thing - when my friend Mary was visiting on the afternoon of my birthday, we were talking about the best way to hang the new shelf she had just bought. I was bemoaning the fact that my electric screwdriver had just died. Poor Polly was over in the corner trying not to give away the fact that there was a brand new one on the table all wrapped up with a big bow on it. Oh, how we all laughed later.

I have linked this post to Mosaic Monday at the Little Red House

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...